- To serve as a leadership team supporting development and implementation of engaging ministry programs for UUC members and friends who identify as women.
Strategic goals and outcomes:
- Connected Community Women will experience the church as a deeply connected multigenerational community.
- Significant individual relationships and small-group connections.
- Awakened Spirit Women will feel awakened and deepened spiritually as a result of their UUC experiences.
- Deepened self-awareness and sense of life purpose.
- Faithful Action Women will feed called on and empowered to engage in justice work as a responsibility of their UU faith and as an expression of gratitude.
- A balance of contemplative and activist dimensions of life.
- Assist in developing a well-rounded annual calendar of UUC events and activities for women.
- Priority focus will be on programs for adult women (over age 18)
- May collaborate with the Director of Religious Education on intergenerational programs from time to time.
- Will consider broad range of needs and interests of women at different life stages (e.g. young adult, mothers of young children, midlife, elderhood).
- Advise on priorities, policies and protocols related to program planning and implementation.
- Develop planning and implementation teams for all activities as needed
- Identify, recruit and nurture volunteer leadership as needed to carry out chosen activities, who will in turn identify, recruit, supervise and support volunteer teams.
- Advise on and/or carry out promotion of all activities as needed.
- Help ensure documentation of activity planning, implementation, timelines and evaluation to streamline and enrich future efforts.
- Help ensure recognition of volunteers at all levels.
- Carol Flannigan, chair
- Heather Ferguson
- Carey McGilliard
- Laura Prevo
- Jane Spalding
- Susan St. John
(as of October 2019)
Current and planned activities:
- Women’s book group
- Intergenerational breakfasts
- Wise Women Connecting
- Two-day women’s retreat in May 2020
- Faith group to discuss sermons