Guide to Renting Space at University Unitarian Church for Your Event
We are delighted that you are considering University Unitarian Church (UUC) as the site of your upcoming event. The award-winning mid-century architecture by Paul Hayden Kirk (fully remodeled in 2019) contributes to the quality of any event.
We are able to rent our facilities for weddings, memorials, private gatherings, performances, and meetings of members of nonprofit organizations in the greater Seattle community.
We look forward to getting to know more about you and your event. Welcome!
Click here to find a Video Tour of UUC
The University Unitarian Church of Seattle seeks to make the facilities of the Church available to the people of the community as a place where they may satisfy their needs for devotion, for work, for study, for discussion, for concern with public issues, for entertainment or for recreation, without, however, assuming responsibility for the opinions or activities of any organization or individual not officially connected with the Church. University Unitarian Church is happy to make its facilities available to outside groups, while at the same time it in no sense endorses the program of outside groups utilizing the Church building.UUC Board of Trustees
The following table lists our rates for half-day rental of the spaces available in the church. Additional hours may be arranged as well, subject to scheduling capacity, up to a maximum of eight (8) hours.
|Room Capacity||0-4 Hours||Additional Hours|
|Social Hall (100)||$300||$50|
|Meeting Room (50)||$200||$25|
|Social Hall Kitchen*||$100||$25|
|Grand Piano (Chapel)||$75|
* An additional damage deposit of $100 is required to use of the social hall kitchen.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A $100 damage deposit ($200 with kitchen) is due two weeks prior to your event. If the room is left in a clean and orderly condition at the conclusion of your event, the damage deposit will be returned within one week.
SECURING DEPOSIT: A deposit of 25% of your total fee is required to secure your reservation. The balance due must be received two weeks prior to your event. Rush reservations require 100% of the fee upfront. If the balance of your reservation is not received two weeks prior to your event, your event will be cancelled. A cancellation fee of one half of the securing deposit shall be charged to your organization, and the balance of the securing deposit returned within one week.
CANCELLATION POLICY: You may cancel your reservation up to two weeks prior to the scheduled event for a full refund of any deposits or balances received. If your organization chooses to cancel the reservation less than two weeks prior to your event, the entire securing deposit (25%) shall be charged to your organization, and any balance and damage deposit received will be returned within one week.
- UUC agrees to provide your organization with a clean, heated room, set up with tables and chairs as requested.
- Microphone setup for up to two speakers in the sanctuary and social hall, or for one speaker in a meeting room, is available upon request.
- Scheduled concerts or recitals in the sanctuary are welcome to hold one free rehearsal within one week prior to the event, subject to availability.
- UUC is open until 9:00 p.m. All events should be timed accordingly to be completed and out of the building by that time.
All renting parties/rentals are subject to the following terms and conditions governing the use of University Unitarian Church’s facilities:
1. Your organization is a nonprofit organization on file with the State of Washington. (Private events and musical performances accepted.) Documentation certifying your organization’s nonprofit status must be received two weeks prior to date of event/rental.
2. Your organization will not charge event participants any registration fees or fees for services or attempt to promote for-fee services or products. (Admission charged for musical performances in the chapel is accepted.)
3. Public advertisements (posters, flyers, newspapers, radio, television, etc.) related to a scheduled event may use the Church address but not the name or phone number of the Church without prior approval. Sample wording: “…at the Unitarian church at 6556 35th Ave NE, Seattle, 98115.”
4. If you are serving alcohol at your event (beer and wine only, no spirits), you will be required to obtain either a Liquor Banquet Permit (if you’re serving alcohol but not selling it) or a Special Occasion License (if you’re selling alcohol by the glass). Both can be obtained through the Washington State Liquor Control Board (http://liq.wa.gov). Note that Special Occasion Permits require a 45-day lead-time. Copies of such permits must be placed on file with the Church office two weeks prior to event/rental .
5. Your organization is responsible for complying with all posted signs related to sorting garbage, recycling, and compostable materials into the bins provided. A $25 fee will be deducted from the damage deposit if custodial staff is required to sort materials left in labeled bins after your event.
6. Events must end by 9:00 p.m. and all attendees must vacate the building by 9:00 p.m., no later and no exceptions. If our custodial staff is required to work added hours due to long-running events, your damage deposit will be forfeit. UUC closes to the public at 9:00 p.m.
7. Pets are not allowed in the Church building. Service animals are, of course, welcome.
8. UUC is a non-smoking, non-vaping facility.
For more information or to make arrangements please contact Jessica Monahan.