Wednesday Forum on the Constitution
Wednesday, October 26, 11 a.m.–1 p.m. in Dix and via Zoom
The Forum’s October 26 session in our Constitution series will focus on the original Constitution before amendments were added and how it reflected the thinking of the founders. Join the group to become better informed about the context of judicial and other decisions taking place in federal and state governments that have ramifications for elections and the rest of our society.
All are welcome to join. If you are not already on the Forum list and would like to be, to receive the Zoom link and regular notices, please contact the UUC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 525-8400.
The Forum will meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month to discuss the following topics:*
- Bill of Rights, Amendments 1–5
- Bill of Rights, Amendments 6–10
- Early and Civil War Amendments, 11–17
- Remaining Amendments, 18–27
- Notable Supreme Court Cases
- Constitutional Strengths and Weaknesses
* Please note that there will be no meeting on November 23 and possibly also December 28.