Invitation to Kaleidoscope Institute Training
Kathleen Cromp, UUC Board President
You may remember that the UUC Board has engaged with Kaleidoscope Institute. They work with congregations and faith-based groups on culture change and organizational transformation toward building an antiracist inclusive community. Their work with UUC will include intensive training to create a deep understanding of intercultural competency, implicit bias, and roots of systemic racism. This will become the foundation for our long-term system and culture change efforts.
Members of the newly-formed Antiracism Guiding Team, Staff and Board will participate in this training. We still have room for several others to participate and so are happy to extend this invitation to others who may be interested. We are inviting UUC community members who would:
- Come into this with an open mind and heart, to be able to engage in deep learning
- Commit to participate in the full 16 hours of training
- Be willing to assist in follow-up work as we expand our anti-racism work across the congregation
The training will take place over three sessions:
- Saturday, October 29, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., in person
- Tuesday, November 1, 7 to 9 p.m., on Zoom
- Saturday, November 5, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., in person
If you have an interest in, openness to, and availability for this learning experience, please email Board member Kathleen Cromp no later than October 24. We will finalize participants by Tuesday, October 25.
We are excited and hopeful about what this training will bring to us, and want to take full advantage of this opportunity!