Holiday Giving—Warm Clothes to Benefit Teen Feed
Drop off your donations December 11, 12 or 13 in the downstairs atrium
UUC’s holiday giving will focus on Teen Feed again this year. Teen Feed offers a radical kind of compassion and a critical safety net for homeless teens in our community through advocacy, case management, and street outreach. Teen Feed is focused on developing relationships that can prevent youth isolation and progression toward permanent homelessness.
UUC has partnered with Teen Feed for 20 years. Last weekend, 18 meal team members were involved in preparing and serving Sunday’s meal—ham & cheese sliders, veggie sliders, roasted carrots, tater tots, chocolate chip cookies and apple slices.
Watch a recording of the testimony shared by Avery Walker from our pulpit last Sunday morning:
Choose one of these ways to help teens in need:
- Drop off your donated items on Sunday, December 11, Monday, December 12, or Tuesday, December 13 in the downstairs atrium. Purchase some of the basic items most needed during the winter months and drop off your donations before or after attending the Sunday worship service on December 11, or drop off in the donations box in the downstairs atrium on Monday or Tuesday, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Choose items from Teen Feed’s Amazon wish list and have your items sent directly to Teen Feed. Click here to learn more about this option. You can shop and then choose “Teen Feed’s Gift Registry Address” at checkout. Your gift(s) will be delivered directly to Teen Feed.
- Make a financial contribution to UUC for Holiday Giving, and Teen Feed will shop for the most needed items.
- Submit a check made payable to UUC by Sunday, December 11, and note “Teen Feed Holiday Giving” on the memo line. Submit your check to the church office, or hand it to one of UUC’s Meal Team volunteers on Sunday, December 11.
- OR make your donation online through UUC Connect: enter the amount, select the “Special Plate” fund, and enter “Teen Feed Holiday Giving” on the Memo line. (This online option will be available through December 16.)
The following items are most requested by the teens this year. Like everyone else, the teens appreciate new items. So, please consider purchasing any of the following:
- Men’s coats/jackets (Large–XXL)
- Hand warmers
- Wool socks
- Adult-sized gloves (light-weight and fingerless are both popular)
- Adult-sized wool and Polartec beanies
- Rain jackets (Medium–XL)
- Hanes 3-pack boxer briefs (M, L, XL)
- Plain hooded sweatshirts (XL & XXL) The teens do not want any logos or slogans
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Pam.