Holiday Giving—Holiday Giving to Benefit Teen Feed
Drop off donations December 7, 8, 11, 12 or 13, in the downstairs atrium
Winter is even more challenging for teens living unsheltered on the streets. For the last five years, UUC’s holiday giving has benefited Teen Feed, a critical safety net for homeless teens in our community. Teen Feed offers homeless teens hot meals 365 evenings every year, along with advocacy and support, as they establish a plan toward more stability.
This year you can choose from three ways to help teens with warm clothes and basic necessities:
- Drop off your donated items on Sunday, December 11. Purchase some of the basics items most needed during the winter months and drop off your donations before or after attending the Sunday worship service on December 11. UUC’s Meal Team volunteers will be ready in the downstairs atrium to receive your donations beginning at 9 a.m., and until after the second service.
- Drop-off available other times if you’re unable to join Sunday services on December 11. There will be a donation box in the downstairs atrium from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. on other dates: Wednesday, December 7; Thursday, December 8; Monday, December 12; and Tuesday, December 13.
- Make a financial contribution to UUC for Holiday Giving, and Teen Feed will shop for the most needed items. Submit a check made payable to UUC by Sunday, December 11, and note “Teen Feed Holiday Giving” on the memo line. Submit your check to the church office, or hand it to one of UUC’s Meal Team volunteers on Sunday, December 11.
- Choose items from Teen Feed’s Amazon wish list and have your items sent directly to Teen Feed. Click here to learn more about this option. You can shop and then choose “Teen Feed’s Gift Registry Address” at checkout. Your gift(s) will be delivered directly to Teen Feed.
The following items are most requested by the teens this year. Like everyone else, the teens appreciate new items. So, please consider purchasing any of the following:
- Men’s coats/jackets (Large–XXL)
- Hand warmers
- Wool socks
- Adult-sized gloves (light-weight and fingerless are both popular)
- Adult-sized wool and Polartec beanies
- Rain jackets (Medium–XL)
- Hanes 3-pack boxer briefs (M, L, XL)
- Plain hooded sweatshirts (XL & XXL) The teens do not want any logos or slogans
- Emergen-C dietary supplement—boxes of individual serving packets
To find out more about our long-term partnership with Teen Feed, or inquire about any donations you have for the Warm Clothes Holiday Giving program, stop by the Learning Station in Nathan Johnson Hall this Sunday, December 4. Or feel free to contact Pam.