Greener Possibilities Fair: Resources for Building Arks of Resilience
Sunday, October 30, 2–4 p.m. on the campuses of UUC and Beth Shalom
Come One, Come All! Why? We’re All in This Together!
The climate crisis is increasingly evident to us all, as we are reminded by heat waves, smoke from wildfires, floods and other extreme weather events. We need to all work together to reduce greenhouse gas emissions locally and globally. Explore the possibilities. Join us in considering the many ways we can all do our part.
Co-sponsored by UUC’s Climate Action Team and Congregation Beth Shalom’s Green Team with events on both campuses. Join us for an afternoon of learning and fun!
- Talk with people from both congregations who have installed heat pumps, solar panels, or have electric bikes or cars, or walk or ride public transit regularly.
- Learn how to track bills in the legislature and make your voice heard!
- See an induction range demonstration with a local chef—yum!
- Learn about solar panels, heat pumps, strategies for conserving.
- Learn about gardening, native trees and plants, bird walks and rain gardens.
- Find resources on reducing your transportation footprint: public transportation, bicycling, electric bikes and cars. Join us for an EV parade!
- Treats and music! Come hear Klezmer music by the Duo Rymanow.
- Visit the UUC bookstore, showcasing a wide range of books related to climate change.
- Visit the Beth Shalom rain garden and community garden.
If you have questions or want more information contact co-chairs Nancy Maranville or Catherine Ruha.