Welcome to Summer 2021 at UUC!
We’re looking forward to seeing you in our comfortably air conditioned church (and online from your home or vacation spot) this summer!
Through September 5, we’ll be continuing to experiment with various aspects of our “dual platform” experience of on-site and online options for congregational engagement. In addition, we will be considering and adapting to various needs for congregational safety, inclusion, reflection, and care, as public health guidelines respond to the changing scenario of COVID-19 impacts.
UUC is also continuing to address building needs, as well as the concurrent requirement to train volunteers and staff in the use of updated systems and technology. All of these converging dynamics requires significant revamps of volunteer teams and protocols, sensitivity to the readiness and support of seasoned and new volunteers on our Sunday Welcoming and Connections teams, and education for small group leaders and participants around engaging in UUC with the help of new communications and way-finding resources in the building and through UUC Connect.
With your help, we’ll be ready for a joyful Homecoming Sunday on September 12, including robust hospitality and a varied calendar of program offerings for all ages back in place for this fall!
Some of the changes you’ll see this summer:
- On-site Sunday services and livestream options every week, with a variety of in-person and pre-recorded sermons and music.
- No more pre-registration for Sunday attendance. We’ll continue check-in for contact tracing purposes for a while longer.
- Welcoming children and families back to church on July 18 and August 1 & 15 (see Intergenerational Services and Childcare article). This will mean open attendance, no vaccination checking, and mask-wearing expected of all in the building (see Safety Requirements article).
- Vaccination-verified attendance expected on July 4, 11, 25, August 8, 22, 29, and September 5.
- As of July 11, if you have shown proof of vaccination at UUC at a prior visit, you can skip this step and go straight to the “Pre-Verified” Check-in station. Those who have not yet show proof of vaccination at UUC still must do so before checking in at the regular Check-in station. Stations for regular and “Pre-Verified” check-in will be available at both the lower (parking lot level) and upper (street level) entrances.
- Hospitality “lite” in Nathan Johnson Hall: ice water and occasional treats. Feel free to bring ready-to-serve items to share. Our kitchen remains closed through the summer.
- On-site and online opportunities for Sermon Discussion, UUC Info Sessions for newcomers, and other small group conversations and meetings on Sunday. Check the UUC Calendar for details each Sunday. To schedule a Coffee Hour Conversation* or a meeting of your group, email the church office or call (206) 525-8400.
* Would your church group (justice, adult learning, etc.) like to invite people to come learn about what your group is about?