Safety Requirements for This Summer
When children are present
When children are present, all attendees are asked to wear face coverings while in the building, with the following exceptions:
- children under age two and
- those recognized by the State of Washington as exempt from face-covering expectations.
Guideline for all attendees: Wear your mask. Assume that anyone who is not wearing a mask has valid reasons for doing so, and does not need correction. Respect distancing of all people and ask permission before standing or sitting close, or touching/hugging someone.
On days when attendance is limited to those who are fully vaccinated
- Once checked in, attendees are not required to wear facemasks, except during congregational or group singing, chanting, etc.
- Those who wish to wear facemasks are welcome to do so.
- Be aware that short-term presence of persons whose vaccination status is unknown may occur for deliveries, use of restrooms by congregants attending outdoor events, etc. They are expected to wear facemasks while in the building. You may wish to wear masks when outside your meeting room.
Guideline for all attendees: Assume that anyone wearing a face mask has valid reasons for doing so, and does not need correction. Respect distancing of all people and ask permission before standing or sitting close, or touching/hugging someone. Put on a facemask to sing hymns or recite readings in unison.
When entering the church office
When entering the church office during regular office hours, including Sundays:
- UUC office staff have requested additional safeguards for all visitors entering the church office, regardless of vaccination status:
- Wear a facemask.
- Maintain distance of at least 3’ from office workers.
- Please use hand sanitizer before touching office supplies or equipment.
- No more than one visitor at a time. Please wait outside the office until it is your turn to enter.
- Children are asked to remain outside the office. Staff will meet adults in the Atrium upon request.
- Those attending meetings of fully vaccinated people in the office conference room may remove facemasks once the door is closed. Please maintain additional safeguards when in the main office area.
Guideline for all attendees: Assume that office staff have valid reasons for requesting additional safeguards, and do not need to explain their requests. Thank you for your attention, understanding, and patience.
These guidelines are in effect at UUC until further notice.