Safe Gathering Protocols for Weekdays
During these times of heightened awareness around COVID-19 and the impact of its Delta variant, we have announced Safe Gathering Protocols for our Sunday services (click here to review). But what about gatherings at UUC at times other than Sunday mornings?
Many of the same protocols apply. Here’s a quick reference guide:
- Small gatherings (fewer than 20 attendees) are welcome to meet in the building or outside. You must make a space reservation in advance, even for outside locations at the church. Contact Jessica Monahan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-525-8400). She can advise you on what spaces are appropriate and available for your group. Please let her know if you wish to include off-site participants via Zoom or telephone (note UUC cannot offer support for Zoom meetings held in outdoor spaces.
- Mid-size gatherings (20-80 attendees) can be accommodated in Nathan Johnson Hall or the Chapel if available. These locations offer physical distancing for groups of this size range. The Lower Plaza or Parking Lot might accommodate mid-size groups outside, depending on set-up needs. There are several additional considerations related to logistics of hosting larger groups (e.g. AV and amplification, use of technology to include off-site attendees, additional custodial support). Generally, these gatherings require at least two weeks advance notice to confirm space. Contact Jessica Monahan, Office Manager, to request reservations, as above.
- Large gatherings (more than 80 attendees) are on hold for now.
Once space in the building is confirmed for gatherings of any size, group leaders are responsible for ensuring that all attendees…
- understand they must not participate if they feel ill, have had a positive COVID test or diagnosis within the past two weeks, or have been in contact with someone who has had a positive COVID test or diagnosis within the past two weeks.
- are fully vaccinated, with proof of vaccination verified before entering the building.
- complete check-in using using UUC’s electronic kiosks or paper forms to provide a valid email and/or phone number, should contact tracing be needed.
- wear a face mask at all times while inside the building
- do not sing or chant together unless wearing approved choir masks
We encourage all meetings to observe physical distancing between households. We encourage all mid-size gatherings to shorten time together to no more than 50 minutes, or to provide a break of 15-30 minutes or more, allowing the meeting room to be vacant before reconvening.
Once space at the church is confirmed for gatherings of any size, group leaders are responsible for ensuring that all attendees understand they must not participate if they feel ill, have had a positive COVID test or diagnosis within the past two weeks, or have been in contact with someone who has had a positive COVID test or diagnosis within the past two weeks.
Group leaders must provide UUC with a paper list of all attendees at outdoor meetings and activities.
Small- and mid-sized groups may gather and sing together unmasked, regardless of vaccination status, as long as physical distancing is maintained.
Participants of outdoor meetings and activities may use the restrooms on the lower level of the building if they…
- wear face masks at all times when indoors.
- sign-in on a paper form upon building entry to provide contact tracing information.
- keep time inside as brief as possible.
Potlucks, food, beverages
Small and mid-sized gatherings may enjoy food/beverages/potlucks outdoors. Extra physical distancing between households is strongly encouraged.
Small gatherings may have food & beverages in their meeting rooms if all attendees replace face masks immediately after taking each bite or sip.