Registration and Youth Counselor Applications for the PNW UU Kids Camp are Open!
We are so excited to be offering three fun, joyful, and justice-oriented Unitarian Universalist summer camps this year, in partnership with other local UU churches! This three camps will take place over the course of two weeks.
Univerlarian University of Wizarding Arts: June 28-July 2
UUWA is a virtual wizarding program – a week of fun and fantasy for kids, rooted in values of justice, action, unity, worth, courage, and possibility.
Good Trouble; A Minecraft Camp (Grade 3+): August 16-20
Our Minecraft group will work together to will explore how social justice movements around the world influenced positive changes in society or in a community.
Rainbow Path (Grade K-2): August 16-20
In Rainbow Path, we’ll use the colors of the rainbow, art, and music to explore our Unitarian Universalist principles.
The PNW UU Kids Camp is a home-based, hybrid camp which includes a mix of highly interactive time together on Zoom and at-home projects and creative learning. Our online gatherings are usually at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 2:30 p.m., and last for about half an hour. Between Zoom calls, children might learn a song, create a sock puppet, draw a self-portrait, make a snack, or go for a walk. At the end of the day, children are invited to share with their peers about how they spent their day.
Youth Counselors will assist adult leaders as needed throughout the week, and help with activites, games, and creative art projects.
- Youth Counselor Applications are due May 16, 2021.
- Interviews will take place during the last week of May and the first week of June.
- Staffing decisions will be made at the beginning of June.
- Youth Counselors can choose to count their time as Volunteer Hours or to receive a $200 per week stipend.
- The mandatory Counselor training for UUWA will be in the early afternoon on June 13, 2021. Training for the Minecraft and Rainbow Path Camps will be in the early afternoon on August 1, 2021.
These camps are going to be so much fun, and are such a great opportunity for UUC kids to get to know one another and other Unitarian Universalist kids, deepen their Unitarian Universalist identity, and to get creative.
Click here for more details on the camps and on Youth Counselor positions.
If you have more questions, please contact Aria Curtis at email@example.com.