On-Site Sunday Services Update
Thanks to everyone who has been helping us test in-person Sunday Services at UUC! Each week has brought new discoveries, and we’re revising as we go. If you would like to attend the June 20 service on-site, please register here. AND, if you have not registered in advance—come anyway! This will be our last Sunday requesting pre-registration, as we will complete our tests of seating capacity on June 20.*
Until further notice, you must be fully vaccinated to attend Sunday Services and other events in the building. Proof of vaccination must be presented before you may enter the church to check in. More details are provided in the online registration process—please read all the info, and be sure to click through to the very last page—you must click that final blue “Register” button to submit your registration. If you don’t receive a confirmation email almost immediately, try again or contact the church office.
Some changes we’ve incorporated since beginning our vaccination-verified “test Sundays:”
- We’ve remembered to turn on the sound in the Chapel too, not just audio for the live stream!
- We’ve reserved the side seating sections in the Chapel for those wishing to maintain distancing—please sit on the chairs with pink cards. The center section is for those who are ready to be closer together.
- Singing along with the hymns is now OK, if you wear your mask while singing. Please follow the Worship Leader’s direction on this.
- Hymnals are available in the Chapel and in Nathan Johnson Hall, for those who want them. Please leave them on your seats when you depart.
- Offering plates will be available as you leave the chapel, rather than being passed during the Service. (Or, use “text to give”!)
- Printed Orders of Service have been discontinued. The information is available on screen during the service, on your mobile device, or you may print your own and bring it with you. Look for the current Order of Service on our Worship Page.
- Food & beverages are welcome in Nathan Johnson Hall, where you can watch the Sunday Service live on-screen or linger with friends after the service. Our kitchen is still closed, but you’re welcome to “bring your own.”
- We have discontinued the “worship Zoom” option as participation has waned with summer and the opportunity for on-site attendance. But you can join small group gatherings after the service, on Zoom and on-site. Sermon Discussion (in Knatvold) and UUC Info Sessions (in the Dix Living Room) will be on different Zoom meeting links. Check the Zoom Links for UUC Sundays post in UUC Connect (login required) for the meeting info.
- Starting July 4, we will welcome other meetings on Sundays after 11 a.m. again. We encourage every group to make their gatherings more accessible and inclusive by offering a Zoom option, too.
- The UUC Bookstore will be open each Sunday morning as of July 4. Our volunteer bookstore manager will be taking inventory on June 27.
- We are looking forward to welcoming families with children of all ages back to full community worship and programs again. This requires many kinds of support that must be considered sensitively for our multi-generational congregation to feel included and safe. Please see our programs for children, youth and families for current activities. Look for more information soon.
We are currently seeking summer Greeters, Ushers, Sermon Discussion Leaders, Vaccine Verifiers, and Check-in Volunteers. Login to UUC Connect and click “Serving” on the left-hand menu. Choose “Browse for Opportunities” to look at the roles and teams you might choose. Tell us about your interests, skills, and availabilities, too—that’s under the “Overview” tab! Too confusing? Contact Janine Larsen, Director of Ministries, and she’ll help you connect.
* The building will be closed on June 27, when UUC will stream the Sunday Service of the Unitarian Universalist Association’s General Assembly. We’ll be joining the largest annual gathering of UUs for a powerful, communal worship experience. No “virtual coffee conversations” will be offered following this services. On-site services and activities will resume every Sunday beginning July 4.