Parents and Caregivers as Sexuality Educators
Tuesdays, February 25 through March 31, 6:30–8:00 p.m.
The information and attitudes that adults share with their children—intentionally or by default—carry extraordinary power. It is a power that many adults struggle to wield effectively and confidently. Often, their own experiences, perspectives, and worries get in the way. In a small group setting, adults explore their roles as the most important sexuality educators their children will have and find support and courage with one another.
In six, 90-minute session parents and caregivers are invited to explore their role as the primary sexuality educators of their children through a mixture of discussion and personal reflection. The topics covered in this group will be:
- Session 1 – Hopes & Concerns for Kids’ Sexual Health
- Session 2 – Communication: How do we talk about Sex?
- Session 3 – Gender Identity & Sexuality Orientation: Exploring Emotions & Supporting Self-Discovery
- Session 4 – Consent: Building Healthy Boundaries
- Session 5 – Social Media: Integrity in a Changing World
- Session 6 – Pornography – It’s Not Sex Ed