January Racial Justice Events
In this first month of the new year in our newly refurbished church home, join your UUC community as we work together for justice and non-violent social change.
We are looking forward to UUC again having a presence at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day March, Monday, January 20. This month we will also be rededicating and returning our Black Lives Matter banner to our new church building on Sunday, January 26. Multiple congregation-wide activities include:
Sunday, January 19:
- Reverends Jon Luopa and Beth Chronister will preach on Black Lives Matter.
- UUC members will have the opportunity to add their intentions and blessings to the Black Lives Matter banner to be carried in the MLK march with hand-written, personalized messages after both services; this will take place downstairs near the entrance to the building.
- There will be a Black Lives Matter dialogue following the second service from 1-3 p.m. in Knatvold.
Monday, January 20:
- The 38th annual MLK Rally & March will honor the goals and methods of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The theme of the march this year is “20/20 Vision” and the Racial Justice Team will be organizing carpools to the march.
Sunday, January 26:
- Both services will focus on race and four UUC members will share from the pulpit.
- We will rededicate our Black Lives Matter banner and return it to the front of the church building between services. We will also be resuming our Black Lives Matter vigils in front of the church.
Questions? Contact Mike Kippes.