Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Day
Tuesday, February 5, at the Washington State Capitol Building, Olympia
Join others from UUC, and hundreds of others from across Washington, to advocate for pro-immigrant policies on Tuesday, February 5, Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Day for the 2019 legislative session. UUC is coordinating a group, with carpooling to Olympia, for the day.
If you’ve not participated in an advocacy or lobbying event before, don’t worry. You’ll receive training in the morning! And, then in the afternoon, you’ll team up with others from UUC to meet with your legislators. Coffee, snacks and lunch provided.
Agenda for the Day:
- 7:15 a.m. – Carpools depart Seattle
- 9 a.m. – Check-in & orientation
- 9:30 a.m. – Advocacy training on key issues
- 12 p.m. – Community Rally at the Capitol
- 1 p.m. – Meetings with your Legislators
- 4:30 p.m. – Wrap-up & Debrief
- ~7 p.m. – Carpools return to Seattle
RSVP to Rick to join the UUC group, or with questions. Please indicate if you can drive, or need a ride, and the neighborhood where you live. Carpools will be coordinated on February 3rd.