All the news you can use for our interim year at the Meadowbrook Community Center.
On this page:
- Meadowbrook Community Center—address, parking, maps
- Church interim offices—street address, parking, maps
- Ways you can help!
- Need help? Have suggestions?
For construction timeline and updates, see Building Project > Renovation and Expansion.
Meadowbrook Community Center—Our Interim Worship Space
Worship services are held in the Meadowbrook Community Center gym. We will use Meadowbrook until our renovated church is complete. Learn more about Sunday worship service.
“Thank You!” to our Sunday Roadies (and to Mackenzie Carlson for this fun video)!
No food or beverages are allowed in the gym, not even water. Thank you for supporting this Meadowbrook policy and keeping the polished wood floor safe for athletes!
Meadowbrook Community Center
10517 35th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
The Meadowbrook Community Center is on a very large city block, along with Nathan Hale High School, some playfields and residential houses. There are two parking lots for Meadowbrook:
- One is right in front, on 35th Ave NE and provides easy access. This is the east side of the large city block.
- The second is on the west side of the city block, on 30th Ave NE (and just south of adjacent Nathan Hale High School). If you are able-bodied, please use the second, larger lot. There is a paved walking path to the community center that follows Thornton Creek.
Church Interim Offices
*** 10/12/18 update: Please note change to mailing address below ***
Church offices during our interim year are 1/2 mile south of UUC, in the same building as Seattle Sunshine Coffee. To reach the interim offices, walk through the café’s front door and continue straight back to our suite.
Interim church offices:
UUC Mailing address
5508 35th Ave NE, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98105
Sending a letter?
As of Oct. 12, 2018, we recommend that you use the above address for time-sensitive mailings. Although mail is being forwarded from UUC’s longstanding address (6556 35th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98115), because it is in a different ZIP code, forwarding is taking 2 to 4 weeks!
Looking for the copier?
Note that the interim office space does not have a high-speed, stapling, collating copier. Just a small PC printer for staff use. Groups, please think about whether and how you will print materials.
Route 74 (weekdays only)
Two important parking notes:
♥ Please refrain from parking right in front of Seattle Sunshine Coffee and adjacent businesses. We want to be good neighbors and courteous to their clients.
♥ Do not use the small lot behind the building. It is reserved for long-term building occupants.
Some suggestions for parking—and be sure to watch street signs for time limits:
- To the west, on NE 55th Street (such as along the cemetery fence). Note 2-hour time zone in some places.
- To the west, on nearby residential streets (34th, 33rd, etc.)
- To the east and with a short, steep hill climb to the offices, on nearby residential streets (36th, 37th, etc.)
- On 35th Ave NE, note restricted times during commute hours:
No parking southbound M–F, 7–9 a.m.
No parking northbound M–F, 4–6 p.m.
Ways You Can Help!
Please see our Volunteer Opportunities page, located on the Connections menu.
Other ways to help:
- Carry your nametag to and from gatherings
- Bring a personal mug to reduce our use of compostable cups
Need Help? Have Suggestions?
This MOVING FORWARD web page shares useful information to help you navigate our interim year during UUC’s construction project.
If you can’t find what you need or have an idea of information to share, please fill out the contact form below. A volunteer or staff will reply to you as soon as possible.
Need help more quickly? Please contact the UUC office by phone:
(206) 525-8400 or toll free (877) 694-0421
(After clicking the Submit button, please wait for a confirmation message before closing/leaving this window/tab.)