UUC is home to a thriving and active community of young adults.
Our young adult group welcomes anyone in their twenties or thirties. If you self-identify as a young adult, we want to meet you. We love to explore Unitarian Universalism through fellowship & fun, discussion, and service.
Each Sunday, we congregate briefly in Nathan Johnson Hall after the second service. Then those who want head to Grateful Bread for brunch and conversation. The restaurant is located about a block north of the church at NE 70th Street and 35th Avenue NE. We find it friendly to most diets and budgets. When UUC has one summer service we meet right after that.
We also organize occasional get-togethers on weeknight evenings. These usually alternate spiritual discussions with social nights. Past discussion topics include perfectionism, regrets, and the public self vs. private self.
Here’s how to find us:
- Meetup.com group – NOTE this resource is on temporary hiatus
- Young Adult mailing list (non-YA events and open discussion)
- Young Adult Calendar – NOTE this resource is on temporary hiatus
- Young Adults of University Unitarian Church Facebook page
Recreational and Service Activities
In addition to virtual and IRL gatherings, we engage in a variety of recreational and service activities, such as:
- Cooking meals for youth cons
- Potlucks, game nights, and social outings
- Evenings with discussions among Young Adults and guests on current events, spirituality and other topics
Questions about the Young Adult group?
Katie Graham can answer questions about the group. She’s one of our UUC Greeters and can often be found welcoming people on Sundays, either upstairs or downstairs.
Contact Katie below: