Climate Action Team
UUC established its Climate Action Team in the spring of 2014. In the spirit of the seventh principle of Unitarian Universalism–respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part–the Climate Action Team’s mission is to seek reductions in greenhouse gas emissions by—
- promoting understanding of the climate crisis;
- encouraging action by individuals, the congregation, and the community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- advocating for just government policies to reduce these emissions; and
- forming linkages with other organizations to support sensible efforts to reduce these emissions.
UUC Earth Day Service
People for Climate Action
We would love to see you at the May 11 People for Climate Action Summit.
Climate Action Team members are working with others in the county to press King County and the cities in King County to develop a bold climate action plans to force greenhouse gas emission reductions. The county and the city have ambitious goals for reducing emissions, but emissions are little changed. Seattle and King County are far from being on target to meet 2020 goals. Please join our effort!
- See the Climate Action Team’s recent letter to councilmembers and learn about its impact
- Visit Peopleforclimateaction.org for more about the initiative
Attend our next team meeting and sign up, or contact the co-chairs, Deejah Sherman-Peterson, Jonathan Tweet and Sharon Victor, by clicking here.
Recent News Items (Blog Posts)
- Youth Climate Lawsuit June 11, 2019
- From the Climate Action Team June 5, 2019
- From the Climate Action Team May 28, 2019
- Loving the Interconnected Web of Existence May 20, 2019
- Climate Action Team Meeting – May 5 April 30, 2019
Vision and History
For highlights of Climate Action Team Events in recent years, click here.