Climate Action Team
UUC established its Climate Action Team in the spring of 2014. In the spirit of the seventh principle of Unitarian Universalism–respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part–the Climate Action Team’s mission is to seek reductions in greenhouse gas emissions by—
- promoting understanding of the climate crisis;
- encouraging action by individuals, the congregation, and the community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- advocating for just government policies to reduce these emissions; and
- forming linkages with other organizations to support sensible efforts to reduce these emissions.
People for Climate Action
Climate Action Team members are working with others in the county to press King County and the cities in King County to develop a bold climate action plans to force greenhouse gas emission reductions. The county and the city have ambitious goals for reducing emissions, but emissions are little changed. Seattle and King County are far from being on target to meet 2020 goals. Please join our effort!
- See the Climate Action Team’s recent letter to councilmembers and learn about its impact
- Visit Peopleforclimateaction.org for more about the initiative
Attend our next team meeting and sign up, or contact us using the form below to connect with the Climate Action Team.
Recent News Items (Blog Posts)
- Climate Action Team Meeting on January 13 January 8, 2019
- UUA Common Read: Justice on Earth December 29, 2018
- Climate Action Team Meeting on December 9th December 4, 2018
- Climate Action Team Meeting on November 11th November 5, 2018
- Rally for the “Trial of the Century” October 22, 2018
- Family Tree-Planting Day October 19, 2018
- Climate Action Team Meeting on October 14th October 10, 2018
Vision and History
For highlights of Climate Action Team Events in recent years, click here.
Deejah Sherman-Peterson and Ben Pfeiffer, co-chairs
(After clicking the Submit button, please wait for a confirmation message before closing/leaving this window.)