Will the Chapel Look Different?
While many of the upgrades in our Chapel are hidden–such as new insulation, a sprinkler system, asbestos abatement, earthquake retrofits and air conditioning (yay!)–others you will see when you enter.
- We have lowered the height of the chancel in order to add a ramp for accessibility and widen the steps to act as risers for the choir.
- Below the loft, we have removed the stairs and large music storage cabinets to allow for more seating.
- The upgraded audio, visual and lighting systems will work better and enhance the worship experience.
- A screen will display hymns and other service notes, much like at Meadowbrook.
- The memorial candles will be at the back of the Chapel as you enter.
- The walls and beams are all freshly repainted. Wood is refinished. New carpet graces the floor. New windows surround us.
These are just some of the changes in our worship space. Come and check it out for yourself on November 3!
Project site updates
- Elevator is installed and testing begins soon
- Marmoleum flooring is being installed in Nathan Johnson Hall
- Kitchen installation is wrapping up
- Next week: striping of parking lot; planting around building
See previous updates on the Renovation and Expansion page of our website.