Potluck Following December 30 Service
Sunday, December 30, 11 a.m. in the Meadowbrook Multi-Purpose Room
Bring your remaining holiday treats, spruced up leftovers or “ready to ring in the new” dishes to share with the UUC community for a potluck meal following worship on Sunday, December 30. Drop your shared dish in the multipurpose room at Meadowbrook Community Center when you arrive, attend the 10 a.m. worship service, and enjoy a lunch of many flavors before you head home.
Some tips and reminders:
- Bring food that’s able to sit without refrigeration and without needing reheating, since this is not available at Meadowbrook.
- Your dish must be ready-to-serve, with your own serving utensils. We don’t have platters, ladles, etc. at Meadowbrook.
- Simple food is best! For the sake of a quick clean-up, our Meadowbrook Motto is “No dips, drips or frosting.”
- Limited plug-ins for crock pots and Instant-Pot-like cookers may be available, but food should be pre-cooked.
- Take your dish with you as-is when you leave. No washing dishes or leaving leftovers.
- Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan dishes are always welcome! We will have labels available to indicate contents.
- Compostable plates, bowls, cups and utensils will be provided, but we encourage you to bring your own re-usable dinnerware for each family member.
- UUC will provide coffee and tea as usual.
Let’s celebrate together as we sweep out 2018 and look to a New Year bright with possibility and companionship.