Potluck After Church, November 25
Sunday, November 25, 11 a.m. in the Meadowbrook Community Center Multipurpose Room
All are invited to create a post-Thanksgiving feast of leftovers and new creations for a potluck lunch following the worship service this Sunday. Bring your shared dish to the multipurpose room at Meadowbrook Community Center when you arrive, attend the 10 a.m. worship service, and enjoy a lunch of many flavors before you head home.
Some tips and reminders:
- Bring food that’s able to sit without refrigeration and without needing reheating, since this is not available at Meadowbrook.
- Your dish must be ready-to-serve, with your own serving utensils. We don’t have platters, ladles, etc. at Meadowbrook.
- Simple food is best! For the sake of a quick clean-up, our Meadowbrook Motto is “No dips, drips or frosting.”
- Limited plug-ins for crock pots and Instant-Pot-like cookers may be available, but food should be pre-cooked.
- Take your dish with you as-is when you leave. No washing dishes or leaving leftovers.
- Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan dishes are always welcome! We will have labels available to indicate contents.
- Compostable plates, bowls, cups and utensils will be provided, but we encourage you to bring your own re-usable dinnerware for each family member.
- UUC will provide coffee and tea as usual.
This will be a great way to use up some leftovers and to try something different–and to say goodbye to Felipe Vera, whose last day as UUC’s Operations Coordinator is November 25. [Read Felipe’s farewell message here.]