Our Goals Are Within Reach!
At a Town Hall last Sunday, staff and lay leadership reported on the progress of our Annual Fund Drive, Building Campaign, and the latest developments with the cost, planning, and permitting for our renovation and expansion.
The Campaign Team announced:
- We are within $100,000 of our Annual Fund goal of $985,000, and average pledges are up over 5%!
- We have raised $5.7 million toward the congregation’s match commitment of $6 million!
- Together with the early pledges of our keystone donors, this means we have raised $16.7 million and are now only $300,000 away from our $17 million goal!
The Physical Space Team updated attendees on several late-breaking risk factors introduced by the city. Those risks include more stringent energy requirements, the cost of retaining the brick houses, and timing of the 35th Avenue street paving project. These factors represent around $500,000 in added risk to the guaranteed maximum price of construction. As they complete the construction budget prior to establishing a guaranteed maximum price, the Physical Space Implementation Team, our architect and our general contractor are using all of the options they have available to reduce the net cost of these risks.
Strategies were shared for how members and friends can help us raise the additional $100,000 for our Annual Operating Fund and the $300,000 required in order for the congregation to fulfill its match commitment of the Building Campaign goal of $6 million.
- Make your pledge to the Annual Operating Fund and the Building Campaign if you haven’t already done so! We’re aiming for 100% participation in this effort. Pledges of all amounts are meaningful and valued, and payments for the Building Campaign can be spread out over five years. You can find a pledge form here.
- Increase the pledge you already made. Dozens of families have already decided to do this, and ask that you join them so we can reach our goal.
- Put UUC in your estate plans. Now through the end of 2018, a simple documentation of your legacy gift qualifies for a 1-to-10 match and could be worth up to $10,000 toward the Building Campaign in 2019! Contact member Ken Mundt in the form below for details.
Senior Minister Jon Luopa and Board of Trustees Chair Gayle Childers issued a call to action, reminding members of this special moment in the life of our community and urging them to consider the ways that they can help.
No matter which strategy you choose—making a pledge, increasing an existing pledge, or documenting a legacy intention to UUC—your commitment will help us reach our goals now and reduce our reliance on short-term financing, ensuring that UUC will be home to future generations. Thank you to all who have already participated. We’ve come so far together already — let’s keep it up!
Please contact the Not for Ourselves Alone campaign team with questions or comments in the form below.